ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT TERMS
Have solid computer skills and administrative experience? Currently not working? Need an opportunity to get contacts and references in Brandon? Or perhaps you’re not ready to make a permanent commitment?
West-Can Human Resource Solutions is seeking candidates with strong administrative and/or reception skill sets! Send your resume in today and we can set up a time to meet and discuss what you are seeking in your next position and you will be notified of exciting opportunities, both temporary and permanent, in the Brandon area!
Send your resume to Lindsey@wchrs.com or call (204) 727-0008.
Maintenance - 3 Month Term
West-Can Human Resource Solutions is currently recruiting for a Building Maintenance Person for a 3 Month term in Brandon, MB.
This position performs minor maintenance activities and ensures the property and grounds are kept in excellent condition including performing building inspections, minor repairs and installations, exterior maintenance, and general cleaning.
To apply for this opportunity send your resume to Lindsey@wchrs.com or call (204) 727-0008.
West-Can Human Resource Solutions is currently recruiting for an Operations Manager for a scrap metal operation in Southern Saskatchewan.
Reporting to the owner, the Operations Manager will be involved in many aspects of the business and be a leader and strong onsite resource in the buying and selling of ferrous and non-ferrous scrap salvage.
- Supervision, coaching, and performance management of approximately 10 employees
- Assist in the identification of materials to be sorted, weighed and stacked based on type
- Utilizes a “hands-on” leadership approach, and regularly present on yard site
- Understand different pricing levels of materials and act as a resource for staff
- Facilitate the dismantling of larger objects including the cutting of metals using torches
- Effectively communicate job expectations, and monitor results
- Encourage, enforce and ensure compliance with systems, policies and procedures
- Track, analyze and report on operations, identifying areas for continuous improvement. In conjunction with owner plan and implement change to ensure highest efficiency possible
- Manage daily equipment inspections, ensure operation of equipment and coordinate repairs with maintenance staff
- Manage staff time effectively
- Demonstrate excellent troubleshooting skills
- Coordinate tasks and goals with owner, and participate in organization strategic planning
- Maintain a safe work environment that is neat and orderly workplace with a welcome reception of customers
- Interact with customers and direct to appropriate areas and / or personnel
- Other appropriate duties as needed or assigned by owne
- The candidate must have 5 to 10 years of experience in the industry with proficient knowledge in the buying and selling of non-ferrous material
- Minimum two years of experience working at the supervisory, operations, or leadership level
- Experience with heavy equipment and operation of a fork lift and skid steer
- Detailed oriented with the ability to multitask
- Strong computer skills required
- Honesty, integrity and proven work ethic
- Impeccable customer service skills
- Knowledge and experience with the safe operation of a variety of hand tools
- Understands and adheres to job safety awareness and safety skills
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs repeatedly
- Ability to work in an industrial environment and be exposed to varied weather year round
- Torch cutting experience preferred
- Must have a valid Class 5 Driver’s license
For more information or to apply for this opportunity contact West-Can Human Resource Solutions at firstname.lastname@example.org or (204) 727-0008.
Get Notified of New Career Opportunities
Register with West-Can Human Resource Solutions to be placed on our internal system so we can keep you informed of jobs that match your skill sets, education and interests. This service is free and completely confidential. We never release any of your information unless we have confirmed your interest in a specific opportunity. This service is helpful whether you are employed and searching for your next career advancement, or unemployed and looking for interesting new opportunities. Simply follow the link below or send your resume to email@example.com. Once we have your information, we will contact you to further discuss your career interests.